Re: Saving session to database

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with webtrees ... http://webtrees.net/
> My copy is running on http://webtrees.lsces.org.uk and you will see that
> it is throwing an error relating to the session handling.
>
> Running Apache 2.2.22, PHP5.4.14, MySQL 5.5.31 (
> http://lsces.org.uk/phpinfo.**php <http://lsces.org.uk/phpinfo.php> )
>
> If I comment out the session_set_save_handler() section of session.php
> then I can log in and use the site. Have tried reworking that as a
> SessionHandlerInterface without any success. As far as I can see, the
> 'write' function of the handler is not being called and while there are
> various notes about problems with PHP5.4 blocking access to the write and
> close functions, none of the fixes I have tried have resulted in a working
> setup.
>
> Anybody seen this problem with PHP5.4?
>
> http://lsces.org.uk/hg/**webtrees/file/dcf6ff358108/**
> includes/session.php#l334<http://lsces.org.uk/hg/webtrees/file/dcf6ff358108/includes/session.php#l334>is the code that seems to be failing.

What error do you get? I tried loading the site but it shows up fine.
In general, you should post the error message in your email anyway, for two
reasons:
1) Most people on this list don't bother to open a (terrible slow) website.
2) Archives, so if anyone after you comes up with the same problem, he will
be able to refer to the archives to find his solution.

- Matijn