Re: Re: Programmers and developers needed

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Doug Heimbecker <drh@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Not to say I'm all in for communism... but communism failed for the same
>> reason capitalism is failing. Corruption!
>

> Here might be a way to deal with this political issue, while keeping on
> topic with the "world peace PHP project":
>
> I've had this idea for years, but why not start a "technocracy" or "ultra
> social-democracy" that runs on a decentralized server, kind of like P2P
> (Kad, Bitcoins, etc.) -- only problem being the logic running the system
> (say, PHP scripts) would need to be programmed as a whole (so anyone could
> re-program the structure of such a social system, so it functioned the way
> everyone wanted). Think Wikipedia, but completely decentralized -- nobody
> could "corrupt" the system unless they were a majority. This seems to be the
> direction we're heading in -- what with hidden corruption, and most
> governments being slow processing laws, reforms, etc.

"unless they were a majority" is the thing that bothers me. Getting a
majority is hard, take for example the Dutch Politics [1]. Our country
is now led by a parliament of 10 different political parties. Getting
things done now is really hard, because each party has their own goals
and finding a majority is for almost impossible. If all the parties
were strictly following their own will, there would probably only a
handful things done. The only way to get things done now is by making
compromises.

Another example is of course religion [2]. You can see that there's no
majority there. Christianity being the largest with 33%. Even if that
would be over 50%, you won't get peace if you say Christianity is the
only correct religion..

- Matijn

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_the_Netherlands
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion