Re: load rtf file

On Sep 3, 2012, at 1:23 AM, John Taylor-Johnston <jt.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a big giant RTF file. I could convert it to plain text. BUT can PHP do it for me?

Hell, even M$ can't do it!

I have tons of old Word RFT files that were orphaned by the installation of a newer of M$ Word. The upgrade actually deleted older versions of Word and then would not open the older files because of security concerns (they were create by an older version, duh). It was a nightmare -- as a result, I lost years of business correspondence. Now I make z text version of every document I write.

If I wanted to get those old files back, I will have to set up an older computer, reinstall the older version of Word and then transfer those files, convert them to text, and bring them back. That's a lot of work because I trusted M$ to respect older files, but they don't. In short, don't trust M$.

Cheers,

tedd

tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://sperling.com