Re: Entry point of an MVC framework

On 07/12/2012 11:44 PM, Daevid Vincent wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Dániel [mailto:simondani91@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:21 PM
Subject:  Entry point of an MVC framework

I have started to develop a simple MVC framework.

Yeah! Just what PHP needs, another MVC framework....

NOT.

Why are you re-inventing the wheel?

Personally I *hate* frameworks with a passion, but if you're going to use
one, then why not just build with one that is already out there and well
supported. http://www.phpframeworks.com/ to start with.

I would say this is a perfectly sane idea if one wants to learn how things actually work.

Most frameworks, however, are very bloated because they have to support and implement many things, as they are general purpose frameworks used by everybody and their dogs.

If you only want what you need, and you know how to do it, rolling your own system is no problem.