Re: disabled cookies

Ashley Sheridan wrote:

Lester Caine<lester@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
How is Google Chrome a bigger security risk than the other popular
browsers, Fx and IE?

I was under the impression it was more secure than either of those.

License Conditions ... They may have removed the original landgrab
section, but
there is still a potential for Google to gather private information and
this is
an unacceptable risk when dealing with customers who deal with
sensitive private
data.

In addition, intrusive advertising has no place in public service
systems anyway
... Google maps and the like are similarly inappropriate since using
them allows
Google to track material that IS also sensitive. It is THIS tracking
that the
'cookie law' was supposed to address, but the problem sites are not
even covered
by it ... WE are if we link to uncontrolled sites and services.

Ok, but don't confuse the browser with the services Google offers. The two are very separate, and its confusing to mention the services in an argument about the browser.

I'm just working to rules that are applied to me by the security departments of the customers *I* am dealing with. While you might think that there should be a distinct separation between the two areas, the recent 'rationalisation' of Google privacy notices eroded that separation again ... Google can do what they like and can change the rules again when they see fit.

We are at a point where the 'cookies' laws have become a requirement simply to ensure that we KNOW what is being gathered and why.

The question I asked in an earlier thread has not had an answer ... are there any good open source add-ins for php that allow us to manage this area in Europe?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL