Re: Re: Crudin - CRUD INterface Generator - Open Source Project

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Maciek Sokolewicz
<maciek.sokolewicz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25-05-2012 23:09, Rodrigo de Almeida Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am the creator of a open source project called Crudin
>> (http://crudin.smarc.com.br/en)
>>
>> Crudin is a system for generation of fron-ends in the MySQL, writted in
>> PHP
>>
>> Without needing to program nothing you get a complete platform with
>> operations CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) and much more
>>
>> Crudin mounts relations, to make upload of archives and images, treat
>> fields enum/set and much more
>>
>> All you need is any MySQL database!
>>

> Hi Rodrigo,
> I must admit I am having trouble understanding what you're making here. I
> tried looking at your demo page, but since it's half-Portuguese, and
> half(-crud)-English, it makes it impossible for me to understand even half
> of what it says.
>
> Could you please explain, properly, what your system DOES exactly, and why I
> would want to use it? Because currently I just don't understand what it is
> supposed to help me with exactly.

hmm.. Demo > Login > New Table ...

Erro: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'ORDER BY `new table`.`id` desc LIMIT 0, 60' at line 1

What is the purpose of your framework?  From the documentation, I can
see that it has tables of permissions for the users.  Looking at the
permission table, it seems you're attempting to replicate MySQL
permission.  If its purpose is generate the UI for CRUD, how
comparable is it to Yii?  When you just specify the table name in GUI,
Yii generates the entire UI with client side validation also, IIRC.
In the back-end, it has a class for that table and retrieves the table
data into the class objects via ORM.