Re: w.r.t. mail() function

On 05/24/2012 04:39 AM, Matijn Woudt wrote:
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Jim Lucas<lists@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 05/22/2012 09:12 PM, Ashwani Kesharwani wrote:

Hi ,

I have a query w.r.t. mail() function in php.

I have hosted my site and i have created an email account as well.

when i am sending mail to different recipient from my php script using
above function it is getting delivered to respective recipients as
expected.

However if I want to see those mail in the sent folder of my email account
, i can not see those mails there.

How can I achieve this.

Any suggestions.

Regards
Ashwani

Why not BCC it to your self, and then setup a filter in your email client to
move it where ever you want it to be.

Maybe because not everyone uses mail clients that have a filter functionality?

well, if he is wanting the message to be placed in the outbox or sent folder of his email client, and this client is on his workstation and the sent folder is accessed via IMAP, nor is it via a web client, then his only option is to have his email client filter a message to the sent folder.

POP3 picks up new messages from your inbox. IMAP allows you to have folders on/in the mail server file structure, but the mail server would then need a filter (ie: procmail) to move the new message over to the correct folder.

So, no matter what type of solution he comes up with, something, either his client or the mail server will need to have a filter created to move the message to the correct folder.

Now, I guess you could completely sidestep all security and with proper setting have php write the email to the correct folder in the persons sent box. And he could then access it via IMAP and/or a web based email client. But, this would require that php process have file level access to the folder which his mail directory resides.

--
Jim Lucas

http://www.cmsws.com/
http://www.cmsws.com/examples/