Re: Function size

On May 24, 2012, at 8:37 AM, Steven Staples wrote:
> Tedd,
>
> I think the length of code depends on a few different factors, what if you
> have your docblocks, and comment lines, as well as your bracing style?
> Where do you consider your function to start?

It starts where it starts. It doesn't make any difference how you do it, it's what you see in one view that counts.

If you are very verbose with spaces, brace styles, comments, and such, then your functions have less actual statement lines than others with more cryptic coding styles, but I would bet the line limit of total number of lines remain in place regardless. This is more a condition of physical/mental limits on humans than it is on coding style.

So, there's no "better" or "worse' point here -- it is more an observation.

Cheers,

tedd