Re: requesting comments on rajmvServiceLog (access + error logging through PHP and JS to MySQL)

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM, rene7705 <rene7705@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM, marco@xxxxxxxxxx <marco@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> my windowze dev box is completely frozen at startup now, before even
>>> mounting the drive that had the slow write rate today. booted into
>>> ubuntu which is still responsive, and ran disk utility to see that
>>> smart status and self-check for both system drive and the other drive
>>> that i noticed going slow today, is "good".
>>> I wonder what's gotten my dev box ill.. Hope it aint a virus, but
>>> can't start the virus scanner coz the thing is frozen... :S
>>

>> I guess that is the reason why your dev system is slow ;)
>>
> Well it's very strange. My system unfroze itself yesterday night, the
> drive in question can copy a 100mb file at regular speedy speeds with
> windows explorer, but writing 45mb of html to a file using (thousands
> of) fwrite() calls takes about 10 minutes (bit slow to say the least).
> The same fwrite()ing code on my hosted server, with nearly as much
> html to write out, works comfortably fast as well.
>
> I'm very puzzled. Would appreciate any tips to test my home system further..

Forwarded to wampserver forums;
http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,84673,84673#msg-84673
Could have been the wampserver going haywire somehow yesterday... not
a virus, coz virusses don't generally stop messing with you once
they've started to, hehe.

Anyways, I'd like to return to the point of my OP, which is to get
some end-user feature requests for my analytics code.

I think I'll leave it untouched for a few days
(http://mediabeez.ws/stats/ and
http://skatescene.biz/sites/mediabeez.ws/stats) to give ya'll a chance
to view it without me introducing errors during more dev of my own.

I've kinda run out of ideas, besides ofcourse serving slightly
different stats and graphs for non-developer viewers, and the error
details only to developers. That one's obvious.

And another obvious one, I also think that plugging in location
software by http://www.maxmind.com/app/geolitecity will be a good
idea, altho I'd probably opt to work with their data in a sql table
rather than the faster php mod that they offer, coz we can't use that
from shared hosting (I think, plz correct me if I'm wrong).

But maybe you can throw me some not so obvious ones to include in this
free analytics software ;)