Re: image inventoryer

jim, I am a novice at this language as I said.

On 4/5/2012 10:44 PM, Jim Giner wrote:
As Tommy says - you sound like a total new user who doesn't know how to do
it and furthermore doesn't know how many things you are going to have to
pick up just to accomplish this task.

You have to:

determine the folder your script is running from
collect an array of  image file names from that directory
determine the size of each of these images so that you are not building some
html that will try to display an unmanageable amount of data all at once.
You may then have to learn how to create smaller images for your img tags,
which is another learning process in itself
determine how many images you will display and decide again if you really
can allow the user to make this kind of request.  This could also create
another step in the process to keep track of what images have already been
displayed so that when the screen comes back to your script you can pick up
where you left off and display a second page.

THEN you can generate the html to produce a useful page of images.

At least that's how I would approach it. And I'm not an expert but simply a
guy who has put in about a year's worth of effort into learning enough php
to actually do something like this already, among other things.

And were people this nice to you when YOU asked beginner questions?