Re: iphone & php

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 14:43 -0500, Jim Giner wrote:

> "Robert Williams" <rewilliams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On 3/5/12 11:58, "Jim Giner" <jim.giner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >"Marc Guay" <marc.guay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> And if you change your input type to "date", because it's a date, does
> > that bring up the numeric keys as well?
> >
> >actually I have not seen anything that suggests that is a possible
> >option.
> >I am about to test something that I just received from Apple tho......
>
> Yep, it's in there, as part of HTML 5. In iOS, support for it was added
> with Safari 5, so that's probably why the behavior of the 'number' type
> changed. There are others, too; see:
>
> <https://developer.apple.com/library/safari/#documentation/appleapplication
> s/reference/SafariHTMLRef/Articles/InputTypes.html>
> <http://www.w3schools.com/html5/att_input_type.asp>
>

> Regards,
> Bob
>
> --
> Robert E. Williams, Jr.
> Associate Vice President of Software Development
> Newtek Businesss Services, Inc. -- The Small Business Authority
> https://www.newtekreferrals.com/rewjr
> http://www.thesba.com/
>

> I now see that to be true.  In fact, it works really well on the iphone the
> ipad
> mail or telephone and delete the e-mail and the attachments (if any).

I just recall seeing a lot of buzz about the various input types and
support for them recently on the WhatWG mailing lists. I believe more
up-to-date versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera will be validating
number fields for only numerical data too.

Apparently there is also an undocumented "feature" of iOS that triggers
the numerical input; putting the word 'zip' or 'phone' as part (or all)
of the input name, even if the type of the input is set to something
like 'text'

--
Thanks,
Ash