Re: How do I enable more useful PHP error logging?

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Daevid Vincent <daevid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My question is, is there a way to enable some PHP configuration that would
> output more verbose information, such as a backtrace or the URL attempted?

Have you looked at log4php? [1] It's a log4j (Java based) logging
facility port to PHP.  IIRC for log4j, you can do various logging from
FINEST, FINER, FINE, INFO, WARNING, ERROR (?), SEVERE levels within
the application.  You can adjust levels as needed at run time.  You
may want to have a wrapper that will do back trace and record the
requested URL.  The log4* facility does rolling file logging, DB,
e-mail, syslog, etc.  (I've used the log4j and log4net before.)  Very
handy and flexible, IMO.

HTH,
Tommy

[1] http://logging.apache.org/