Re: Exporting large data from mysql to html using php

Jim Giner wrote:

> "David Robley" <robleyd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Consider running EXPLAIN on all your queries to see if there is something
>> Mysql thinks could be done to improve performance.
>>

> Why do so many responders seem to think the problem here is in the
> preparation of the query?
>
> It is the Approach that it is the problem.  It needs to re-addressed, not
> simply tinkered with.  I don't care if someone figures out how to spew out
> 89M+ records in 5 seconds flat.  What are you doing pulling up that many
> detail records at one time for? Who is going to look at them?  You?  If
> so, see my previous post on how long that is going to take you just to
> examine (!) the first million alone.
>
> This problem needs a re-working of the data processing and user interfaces
> to allow for the selection of an appropriate amount of individual records
> in any result set, otherwise simply preparing a summary of some sort.

Jason originally said that he was using LIMIT to grab a subset of the data,
so I don't see why you would think he is trying to pull the full data set
in one hit. My response suggesting EXPLAIN was made in the knowledge that
he is using LIMIT.

Cheers
--
David Robley

"I was the first to climb Mount Everest," said Tom hilariously.
Today is Setting Orange, the 8th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3177.