Re: Generate CMS based on database schema

Marc Guay wrote:
I assumed that as you'd mentioned trying Drupal that you would be OK with trying out various PHP-based solutions?
True enough.  Maybe I'll sharpen the focus then and ask if anyone
knows of a solution that does not require a reworking of method; a
stand-alone CMS generator similar to PHPMaker but FOSS...?

I presume that you are looking for something that will create complex data pages which can be edited and viewed but purely from the database schema? I have yet to find anything which will provide the flexibility required to handle the sort of business functionality that one can create in a good database engine. So I prefer to stop just a little short of that, but with a framework that allows managing the database structure and creating upgrade scripts to add development work to the live sites. bitweaver gives me all the user management, themeing, and database management and allows me to add the sort of complex data pages I need for the target application.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL