Re: PHP sessions expiring early

On 07/09/11 12:16, Richard Quadling wrote:
On 7 September 2011 11:20, Paul Waring<paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Can anyone suggest things which I could try? I cannot work out why this
problem is happening for some users but not me.

For browsers/extensions that do automatic read ahead (I load page A
and linked pages B and C are also retrieved).

I hadn't thought of that. However, we audit all user logins and logouts, as well as all page requests. If the browser was pre-fetching the logout page, we'd have 'user logout' entries in our logs, but the only notices we have are for users logging in. If users were being logged out because of pre-fetching, I'd expect to see each login entry have a corresponding logout entry.

Is the potential for cached pages to be returned for a user NOT logged in?

Any pages which a user has viewed whilst logged in shouldn't be cached, assuming the browser is respecting the headers. They are all sent with:

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

--
Paul Waring
http://www.phpdeveloper.org.uk