Re: Form Already Filled Out

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 17:02 +0100, jean-baptiste verrey wrote:

> if you want to force the browser to not be able to have this behaviour you
> need the name tag to always change
> a quick example would be that
> <?php // keep the name in session
> $_SESSION['formRandomName']=time();
> ?>
> <input type="password" name="<?php
> echo $_SESSION['formRandomName'];?>[password]" />
>

> 2011/8/4 Bálint Horváth <hbalint@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Hi,
> > Use value="$_POST['user']" or sg like that because:
> > before send value eq null, after if returned -cause of a fail- the inputs
> > remain
> >
> > also set *autocomplete="off"* (at form) and if it doesn't work use js
> > to set null values to input boxes (add a name for ur form...)
> >
> > Another way, use Google: "javascript turn off autofill"
> >
> > be careful:
> > http://www.php.net/manual/en/security.database.sql-injection.php
> > http://php.net/manual/en/security.php
> >
> > *Valentine*

> > > Everything
> > type
> > > my
> > > filled out
> > > enter the
> > > Please
> > in
> > > advance!

> > > Your browser is more than likely filling in the username and password
> > > fields for you, automatically. Most modern browsers offer this
> > > functionality by default. What you're looking for isn't relative to PHP.
> > >
> > > Have you tried visiting your page from multiple browsers, to see if you
> > > get the same results?
> > >
> > > You could set the value of the username and password fields in the form
> > > to NULL.
> > >
> > > e.g.;
> > > <input type='text' name='user' value='' maxlength='30'/>
> > > <input type="password" name='pass' value='' maxlength='30'/>
> > >
> > > I doubt your visitors are going to encounter the same issue you are,
> > > unless they allow their browser or some other 3rd party software to
> > > automatically fill in the form values for them.
> > >
> > > Another method would consist of using JavaScript, once the DOM is ready
> > > (all elements rendered), have JavaScript reset the form values.
> > >

> > > --

Please don't top-post, the gremlins don't like it :)

Going back to Bálint's post, the autocomplete="off" can be set either at
the form or form element (input) level. Bear in mind though that if you
do this, the HTML will not validate. This isn't normally an issue, and
may be an acceptable tradeoff for your website.

--
Thanks,
Ash