Re: Form Already Filled Out

On 08/05/2011 12:43 AM, wil prim wrote:
> Hello, Soooo i created a simple login system, and I am using sessions Everything
> seems to work fine, however; when I upload my files to my server and type my
> domain name my index.php page comes up and the form is automatically filled out
> with a username and password. How do i make it empty when I initially enter the
> site, and yes I did create a logout.php file that destroys a session. Please
> help, it is hard to explain this when I cant show it in person. Thanks in advance!
>
> Here is the login.php code, i didn't md5() the password yet:
>

> <?php
>
> if ($_SESSION['user'])
> {
> header("Location: error.php");
> exit();
> }
> include('connect.php');
> if ($_POST['login']){
>

> $user=$_POST['user'];
> $pass=$_POST['pass'];
> $sql="SELECT * FROM members WHERE username='$_POST[user]' and
> password='$_POST[pass]'";
> $result=mysql_query($sql, $con);
> $count=mysql_num_rows($result);
> if ($count==1){
> $_SESSION['user'] = $user;
> header('location: home.php');
> }
> else
> echo "<p style='color:red'>Wrong Username or Password</p>";
> }
>
> ?>
> <head>
> <title></title>
> <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
> </head>

> <ul>
> <li>
> </li>
> <li>
> </li>
> <li>
> </li>
> </ul>
> <form method='post' action='index.php'>
> Username: <br/>
> <input type='text' name='user' maxlength='30'/><br/>
> Password: <br/>
> <input type="password" name='pass' maxlength='30'/><br/>
> <input type="submit" value="Log In!" name="login"/>
> </form>

Your browser is more than likely filling in the username and password
fields for you, automatically. Most modern browsers offer this
functionality by default. What you're looking for isn't relative to PHP.

Have you tried visiting your page from multiple browsers, to see if you
get the same results?

You could set the value of the username and password fields in the form
to NULL.

e.g.;
<input type='text' name='user' value='' maxlength='30'/>
<input type="password" name='pass' value='' maxlength='30'/>

I doubt your visitors are going to encounter the same issue you are,
unless they allow their browser or some other 3rd party software to
automatically fill in the form values for them.

Another method would consist of using JavaScript, once the DOM is ready
(all elements rendered), have JavaScript reset the form values.