Re: Doctrine madness!

On Jun 16, 2011 6:53 PM, "Eric Butera" <eric.butera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Daevid Vincent <daevid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

either Doctrine or Symfony any further.

> > Sometimes, like that guy that fell down the canyon, you have to cut your
own arm off with a swiss army knife to save your life. In this case, get rid
of Doctrine or any other ORM, despite the painful operation, and save your
project from a slow and agonizing death.

> > ORM's and "ActiveRecord" style wrappers, while sounding sexy -- like the
"babe" on the other end of a 1-900 number -- usually turn out to be fat and
bloated. All that "magic" comes at a price. This is why Ruby on Rails has
started to fall out of favor with ANY big shop and you are hearing less and
less about it. It's cute and seems magnificent at first, but quickly starts
to show its limitations and short-comings when you REALLY try to use it.