RE: Doctrine madness!

Glad I could be of service. There was no point in elaborating more on either Doctrine or Symfony any further.

Sometimes, like that guy that fell down the canyon, you have to cut your own arm off with a swiss army knife to save your life. In this case, get rid of Doctrine or any other ORM, despite the painful operation, and save your project from a slow and agonizing death.

ORM's and "ActiveRecord" style wrappers, while sounding sexy -- like the "babe" on the other end of a 1-900 number -- usually turn out to be fat and bloated. All that "magic" comes at a price. This is why Ruby on Rails has started to fall out of favor with ANY big shop and you are hearing less and less about it. It's cute and seems magnificent at first, but quickly starts to show its limitations and short-comings when you REALLY try to use it.

:)