Re: Howdy (new in here)

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:37 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I took a *weekend* and programmed about 90 percent of application in
> FutureBasic. I then created a shell application and forwarded it to the
> client.
>
> After receiving the application, the client said "Yes, this is exactly what
> I want -- except I want it in C++".

Of course, that's a ridiculous reason to choose one language over
another. But to augment what you're saying, sometimes certain
languages are chosen because of the availability of libraries and
tools, and, more importantly, because of the availability of skilled
programmers. That's especially important if a client has to expand and
modify a solution in the future.

- BW

PS, Once again, tedd, apologies for backchanneling you...