Re: curl_exec won't return (any data)

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Steve Staples <sstaples@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i've been sorta reading this (as I am sure most maybe stopped after the
> 4th consecutive post)...

yea, i feel i gotta be complete so as to not waste the time of people
who do wanna help.

> but what I am wondering is...
>
> why can't you just write the output of the what you're doing to a file,
> or the db, and then query along the way or when you need/want some
> information on it??   Maybe i just haven't quite figured out, or got the
> gist of what you are trying to accomplish...

That's exactly what i'm doing.
I need curl_exec() to absorb the response to requests that take over
1hr to complete, because i want to be able to run different parts of
the media import process on different servers.

> it also seems to me, that this really isn't a PHP specific issue, so all
> the posts that you're doing, really doesn't pertain to the PHP mailing
> list, so (and sorry to say this) maybe stop posting all the incremental
> updates you're doing, and when there is a major break through, or
> someone has an idea on how to help solve your issue, update us.
>
> Steve.

I wish to have a complete log of this bughunt somewhere online, one of
the many websites with the php mailing list content will do nicely.

I suppose i could've chosen to subscribe to the libcurl mailinglist,
but this seemed a good place because i thought to find many people
that use libcurl in different ways here.
And at the start it could've been the php-cli, or the apache, or the
lib-curl, i just didn't know.

Even though lib-curl atm looks the more likely suspect, i'll continue
this log here.

If you don't like it, don't read it.
With a decent mail reader it is shoved under 1 header anyways.