Re: curl_exec won't return (any data)

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 21:15 +0100, Tolas Anon wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Tolas Anon <tolas777@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > But in the meanwhile I found a new idea to try as well;
> >
> >        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array(
> >                        'Connection: Keep-Alive',
> >                        'Keep-Alive: 300'
> >        ));
> >
> > I already checked via phpinfo() that keep-alive is on in
> > apache2handler, and no other mentions of "keepalive" or "keep alive"
> > in the phpinfo() output.
> >
> > I'll post the results.
> >

> ehm....
>
> http://www.io.com/~maus/HttpKeepAlive.html :
>
> HTTP/1.0
>
> Under HTTP 1.0, there is no official specification for how keepalive
> operates. It was, in essence, tacked on to an existing protocol. If
> the browser supports keep-alive, it adds an additional header to the
> request:
> Connection: Keep-Alive
>
> Then, when the server receives this request and generates a response,
> it also adds a header to the response:
> Connection: Keep-Alive
>
> Following this, the connection is NOT dropped, but is instead kept
> open. When the client sends another request, it uses the same
> connection. This will continue until either the client or the server
> decides that the conversation is over, and one of them drops the
> connection.

> HTTP/1.1
>
> Under HTTP 1.1, the official keepalive method is different. All
> connections are kept alive, unless stated otherwise with the following
> header:
> Connection: close
>
> The Connection: Keep-Alive header no longer has any meaning because of this.
> Additionally, an optional Keep-Alive: header is described, but is so
> underspecified as to be meaningless. Avoid it.

> And of course, my return data packet 5901 uses HTTP1.1, so the test
> i'm running now probably won't fix things.. :(((

i've been sorta reading this (as I am sure most maybe stopped after the
4th consecutive post)... but what I am wondering is...

why can't you just write the output of the what you're doing to a file,
or the db, and then query along the way or when you need/want some
information on it??   Maybe i just haven't quite figured out, or got the
gist of what you are trying to accomplish...

it also seems to me, that this really isn't a PHP specific issue, so all
the posts that you're doing, really doesn't pertain to the PHP mailing
list, so (and sorry to say this) maybe stop posting all the incremental
updates you're doing, and when there is a major break through, or
someone has an idea on how to help solve your issue, update us.

Steve.