Re: curl_exec won't return (any data)

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Tolas Anon <tolas777@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But in the meanwhile I found a new idea to try as well;
>
>        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array(
>                        'Connection: Keep-Alive',
>                        'Keep-Alive: 300'
>        ));
>
> I already checked via phpinfo() that keep-alive is on in
> apache2handler, and no other mentions of "keepalive" or "keep alive"
> in the phpinfo() output.
>
> I'll post the results.

ehm....

http://www.io.com/~maus/HttpKeepAlive.html :

HTTP/1.0

Under HTTP 1.0, there is no official specification for how keepalive
operates. It was, in essence, tacked on to an existing protocol. If
the browser supports keep-alive, it adds an additional header to the
request:
Connection: Keep-Alive

Then, when the server receives this request and generates a response,
it also adds a header to the response:
Connection: Keep-Alive

Following this, the connection is NOT dropped, but is instead kept
open. When the client sends another request, it uses the same
connection. This will continue until either the client or the server
decides that the conversation is over, and one of them drops the
connection.

HTTP/1.1

Under HTTP 1.1, the official keepalive method is different. All
connections are kept alive, unless stated otherwise with the following
header:
Connection: close

The Connection: Keep-Alive header no longer has any meaning because of this.
Additionally, an optional Keep-Alive: header is described, but is so
underspecified as to be meaningless. Avoid it.