Re: switch case madness

.

>>    I do see from where it is you're coming, though, Josh --- once
>> you've gotten the fundamentals, a lot of times it's easier - sometimes
>> even a better idea - to use an existing, mature solution.  What helps
>> you to determine its value from a code standpoint?  Your existing
>> experience.
>>
>> --
>> </Daniel P. Brown>
>> Network Infrastructure Manager
>> Documentation, Webmaster Teams
>> http://www.php.net/
>
> You are correct, and it is a shame to see many developers fall into the copy / paste realm, especially with a language like PHP where such snippets are often found easily but of dubious quality. Rolling your own is a great way to understand how things work (or should work) internally, as well as giving you valuable practice. I don't mean to discredit is. As I mentioned, more often then not I'm a fan of it.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Josh
> ____________________________________
> Joshua Kehn | Josh.Kehn@xxxxxxxxx
> http://joshuakehn.com

I find that at first, in any language, playing with the snippets
through a form of stimuli and response(I move this, this happens, or
doesn;t), helps to reinforce what I'm learning.

But after understanding the snippet, I don't find that reapplying it
later subverts the concept of being a 'real coder', because in the end
you want to move to a more efficient means of coding, which is, if I'm
not mistaken, where these larger frameworks come from-snippets that
are reusable(all the way down to a login system snippet).

--
It sure does get lonely up under this bridge.