Re: switch case madness

On Jan 18, 2011, at 11:33 PM, Donovan Brooke wrote:

>>> --
>>> D Brooke
>>
>> I just died a bit on the inside.
>>
>> Why would you build that from scratch?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Josh
>

> Alright, I'll bite (since I affected you that much) ;-),
>
> do tell...
>
> Why not? Would you rather I use PHP's session_start()?
>

> Donovan

Why not use one of the countless, not to mention secure and stable cookie management systems available? If it's an exercise cool, I misunderstood.

I'm not one to normally shun people rolling their own code, lord knows I've done it more then once or twice, but there are some things I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pool, and cookie management is one of them. The other would be things like CSV parsers or text manipulations.

Regards,

-Josh
Joshua Kehn | Josh.Kehn@xxxxxxxxx
http://joshuakehn.com