Re: Newbie Question

Tim,
       I've come to learn that relying on heavy and non free ides for
developing can kick you in the rear when you have to setup your developement
enviroment after a while. I've have that problem with some previous projects
made with adobe flex, asp.net and sql 2008.
That's the reason why I'm trying to go open source all the way.  But I gotta
say, I've been trying vim adding a few plugins and I'm having the hardest
time getting the hang of it. I really miss dreamweaver, I hope the steep
learning curve pays up later.

El ene 3, 2011 11:50 a.m., "Tim Thorburn" <immortal@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

On 1/2/2011 5:56 PM, Adolfo Olivera wrote:

> Thanks for the replies. I'll just put a php on all my...
While I may get shot for saying this - I wouldn't worry too much about being
"100% open source".  Use whatever gets the job done, period.  If you're more
comfortable with Dreamweaver, stick with Dreamweaver.  In my day-to-day work
I'll end up using a combination of Dreamweaver, Eclipse, and Notepad++,
along with a little Pico/Nano to do quick edits on the server.  I know a few
people who swear by NetBeans, though I haven't felt the need to try yet
another editor just now.  I tend to prefer an editor that has code
completion - sometimes makes for less typo mistakes and such, but that's
just a personal preference, non-code completion is just as fine.

Now, onto the real debate - editor color scheme and font choices!  (Don't
reply, I know better ... I just had to >.>)