Re: Newbie Question

On 1/2/2011 5:56 PM, Adolfo Olivera wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I'll just put a php on all my html containing php.
A little of topic. Wich IDE are you guys using. I'm sort of in a catch
twenty two here. I been alternating vim and dreamweaver. I'm trying to go
100% open source, but I really find dreamweaver easier to use so far.
While I may get shot for saying this - I wouldn't worry too much about being "100% open source". Use whatever gets the job done, period. If you're more comfortable with Dreamweaver, stick with Dreamweaver. In my day-to-day work I'll end up using a combination of Dreamweaver, Eclipse, and Notepad++, along with a little Pico/Nano to do quick edits on the server. I know a few people who swear by NetBeans, though I haven't felt the need to try yet another editor just now. I tend to prefer an editor that has code completion - sometimes makes for less typo mistakes and such, but that's just a personal preference, non-code completion is just as fine.

Now, onto the real debate - editor color scheme and font choices! (Don't reply, I know better ... I just had to >.>)