Re: PHP shows nothing

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 22:26 +0330, Mohammad Taghi Khalifeh wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have a package written in pure PHP, some .php files that refer to others
> via require_once(''),
> but when I try to see package's contents via a browser, the pacakge just
> shows nothing: a blank page.
> I've activated all log levels, and it seems that php doesn't encounter any
> problem.
> I'm using PHP 5.3.3 and apache httpd 2.2.
> FYI, I'm new to PHP and this mailing list :)
> I would appreciate if someone could help me.
>

> Best
> Mohammad

Pacakges, as in the classes?   if you're trying to view a class file,
then yes, you won't (err... usually shouldn't) see anything.  If you
were to go to the main page that actually builds the pages, utilizes the
classes and stuff, then you should see something.

There is also another potential issue.  There was a godaddy server that
i used to use, i switched over a site to their servers, and all of a
sudden, the site didn't show up.   The issue was that there were either
trailing spaces after the ?>, or there was no closing ?> for the php
file.

Make sure that the page you're trying to pull up has some kind of echo,
or at least output of any type... if that fails, then you can try
adding:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
to the top of the page you're trying to view, to see if there are any
errors it is generating.

just some things to think/check...

good luck, and Welcome to PHP!!!

Steve