RE: PHP shows nothing

From: Mohammad Taghi Khalifeh

> Hi there,
> I have a package written in pure PHP, some .php files that refer to
others
> via require_once(''),
> but when I try to see package's contents via a browser, the pacakge
just
> shows nothing: a blank page.
> I've activated all log levels, and it seems that php doesn't encounter
any
> problem.
> I'm using PHP 5.3.3 and apache httpd 2.2.
> FYI, I'm new to PHP and this mailing list :)
> I would appreciate if someone could help me.

One of the irregularities about require_once is that if there is a
syntax error anywhere in the chain, the interpreter simply exits without
emitting anything. If you have display errors turned off, you get
nothing at all. There may be clues in the Apache error log, but don't
depend on it. To debug, enable errors temporarily, or print some bread
crumbs at the start of each file. That should at least help identify how
far you get before it fails.

Bob McConnell