Re: Reminder On Mailing List Rules

Ok, I agree with most of those points, but why should I, or anyone, have to trim down someone else's 'signature', and I'm talking about these silly ones which are 10 or 20 lines long stating 'If you have received this email in error.....blah, blah, blah'..surely, the banning of that, along with HTML, should take priority.

Besides, as I have done here, I have deleted the entire earlier message, so posting above or below is irrelevant.

Also, every other list I am on, I post at the top, as it is much easier to read replies when they appear at the very top, opposed to having to scroll down though the inevitable footers, or worse still, there is trying to see where comments have been inserted in the middle of text....talk about a nightmare.

If I need to quote an earlier reply, I simply copy that into my response.

I have been a PHP developer for over 10 years now, and I have been on and off this list for a lot of that time, and this is the very first time I have even heard of the term 'top-posting'.

At the end of the day, how an individual wants to reply to an email is down to them, and trying to force them to do otherwise is nothing more than Orwellian! No matter how good the intent is.

Alexis