Re: simple class & constructor

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 17:05 -0700, David Harkness wrote:
> Note that you still have a typo, but maybe it's only in your email messages:
>
>      class simpleConstructer {
>
>        function __construct() {
>          echo "running the constructor";
>        }
>      }
>      $test = new simpleConstructor();
>
> The class is misspelled; it should be simpleConstructor. As a side note,
> it's common convention to name classes with a leading capital letter, e.g.
> SimpleConstructor. That's just convention, though, and I'm sure it differs
> in some languages. Even in PHP stdClass doesn't, but most other classes do.

Thank you David, the typo was in my code. :-/

As for the class names, I agree with you. I've read so many books where
things are changed up that I can't remember which way to do it. In this
case since I was playing around for learning purposes, I just guessed
and run with it.

I appreciate the heads up :-)

--
Blessings