Re: How to handle a submitted form with no changes -- best practices sought

On 10-09-12 05:19 PM, Michael Shadle wrote:
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Tamara Temple<tamouse.lists@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Ok, but how do you detect if a field changes? The specific implementation
between application and data storage is probably moot until you figure that
part out.

+1

without talking to the server, or accessing it in the DOM somewhere,
the client has no access to the data. is it done via ajax/javascript?
some action onchange/onkeypress/etc. and check it against a variable
that was set on pageload?

Sorry, I thought this was about committing to the database versus sending back to the web server. I must have misread the original requirement. If trying to trap before submitting the form to the webserver then JavaScript is necessary. You can't do this on upload fields though.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.