Re: Broken pipes, time outs, PHP, and mail

Peter, Bob,

Thank you for replying.

After a few days testing, I set up an error handler for when messages don't get sent. I started to see an error saying "Language String failed to load", which seems to be particular to the PHPmailer scripts I am using.

Long story short, after some searching on the web, it looks like the sending of mails will die if one mail on the list is invalid.

I tried sending a message out to the list, got back a response saying that the recipient did not exist. So I deleted that user, and then the mail went through fine on the next attempt.

I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly is happening.

Does the PHP mail() command (and by extension, classes built upon it) listen for responses from the server it is sending to?

--
Dave M G