RE: Set up MySQL + Apache 2.2.4 on Win XP

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 08:29 -0400, Bob McConnell wrote:

> From: Shreyas
>
> > Not sure what you meant by that. I never had to restore anything.
> Would be
> > happy to know if I have misunderstood anything.
>
> > On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:52 AM, shiplu <shiplu.net@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Actually you just restore your NS schema in the new EasyPHP stack.
> >>

> The fact that you were able to add your schema by simply copying it into
> the correct directory is a happy coincidence, or more likely a serious
> bug in MySQL. There may be some system tables that were not updated to
> reflect the presence of that schema, so some features may not work with
> it.
>
> The correct way to move a database is to back it up on the original
> server, then restore it on the new one. That way all system tables would
> be correctly updated by the server.
>
> Bob McConnell

On more than one occassion I've just copied the data files from one
location to another to move the database from one server to another. You
do have to ensure that the MySQL service has been stopped while you do
this, but aside from that there's nothing wrong with doing this.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk