Re: Set up MySQL + Apache 2.2.4 on Win XP

All,

Finally, the 28th reply seems to have brought this thread to an end. Yes,
persistence finally got me there! Special thanks to Ash.

I am able to run both my Java code and php code on the same port (though
nothing database conversations are happening) from the same machine.

Here's the set-up :

MySQL Server 5.1 + Query Browser : port 3306. This has a schema called as NS
which is referenced by my Java code.

EasyPHP : This is running in a diferent location with its stack in C:\.

Fix : I knew all I had to do was a drop of my NS schema to a folder called
data and from nowhere I crashed into this : C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data.

I dropped my NS schema there; checked the query browser and there it was!
Compiled my Java code and I was able to get back to my previous
environment.

So, no port conflicts, no different usernames. So far so good. Talk to you
all soon as I am gearing up with programming questions now.

--Shreyas

--
Regards,
Shreyas