RE: Set up MySQL + Apache 2.2.4 on Win XP

From: Shreyas

> Not sure what you meant by that. I never had to restore anything.
Would be
> happy to know if I have misunderstood anything.

> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:52 AM, shiplu <shiplu.net@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Actually you just restore your NS schema in the new EasyPHP stack.

The fact that you were able to add your schema by simply copying it into
the correct directory is a happy coincidence, or more likely a serious
bug in MySQL. There may be some system tables that were not updated to
reflect the presence of that schema, so some features may not work with
it.

The correct way to move a database is to back it up on the original
server, then restore it on the new one. That way all system tables would
be correctly updated by the server.

Bob McConnell