Re: Zip and text files generated are corrupted

On 26 March 2010 12:21, Bastien Helders <eldroskandar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I already used error_reporting and set_time_limit and the use of
> ini_set('display_errors', 1); didn't display more exceptions.
>
> However the modification in the exec helped display STDERR I think.
>
> 1) In the first scenario we have the following:
>
> <STDERR>
> zip warning: ../../build/Patch-6-3-2_Q3P15.zip not found or empty
>
> zip error: Internal logic error (write error on zip file)
> </STDERR>
>
> The funny thing is, that now it is throwing status 5: "a severe error in the
> zipfile format was
> detected. Processing probably failed imme­diately." Why It throw a status 5
> instead of a status 14, I can't say.
>
> So that's using 'zip -gr', when I stop using the option g and then call
> exec('zip -r ...'), then I only get:
>
> <STDERR>
> zip error: Internal logic error (write error on zip file)
> </STDERR>
>
> 2) The error messages of the second scenario doesn't surprise me much:
>
> <STDERR>
> zip error: Unexpected end of zip file (build/Patch-6-3-2_Q3P15.zip)
> </STDERR>
>
> Which was already known, as the call of copy() on the old patch P14 crop it
> and thus prevent any operation to be done on it.

So, the error is in the execution of the exec.

Can you run the exec twice but to 2 different zip files.

If the issue is that PHP is timing out, then the first error COULD be
due to the process being killed and if so, the second one won't start.

But if the second one starts, then that pretty much rules out PHP timeouts.

I assume you've checked disk space and read access to the files in
question? i.e. they aren't locked by another user?

--
-----
Richard Quadling