Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you suggesting that you need to be a guru in C to write threaded C code?
> I think the word you're looking for is competent.

plz dont make me repeat myself, i've already indicated my reasons as
to why i want to keep my codebase in 1 language, and why i would like
to keep my large existing code base in php, and have php evolve with
the times, and allow applications written in it to grow easily to
large scale use.

it would expand the user base of php as well i think.

> Are you suggesting cross platform thread libraries don't exist? I wonder how
> Apache does it... or MySQL... or any number of open source cross-platform
> systems. If they implement their own, then by the virtue of the source being
> open, you can feel free to incorporate.

adding all these things as custom extensions that are hard to maintain
and increase software complexity, is not what i want.

the reason i chose php is for it's simplicity of use.