Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

Tommy Pham wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Tommy Pham wrote:

>>> Funny you should mention all that.  Let's say that you're longer
>>> with that company, either by direct employment or contract
>>> consultant. You've implemented C because you need 'thread'.  Now
>>> your replacement comes in and has no clue about C even though your
>>> replacement is a PHP guru.  How much headache is maintenance gonna
>>> be?  Scalability? Portability? wow....
>>
>> Who was the idi... who hired someone who wasn't suited for the job?
>> Tommy, that's a moot argument.  You can't fit a square peg in a round
>> hole.
>>
>> --
>> Per Jessen, Zürich (12.5°C)
>>

> Suited for the job?  You mean introduce more complexity to a problem
> that what could be avoided to begin with if PHP has thread support?
> hmmm....

Tommy, it's perfectly simple:  in my company we hire people with C
skills for C programming jobs. We hire people with database skills to
be database administrators.  We hire people with Linux skills to work
on Linux systems.  We explicitly do _not_ hire PHP web-programmers to
maintain our C code.  And vice versa for that matter.  No problem, no
complexity.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.4°C)