Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

Rene Veerman wrote:
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rene Veerman wrote:
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Rene Veerman wrote:
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Rene Veerman wrote:
talk to me about this some other time.

atm i'm having an argument with per and his kind about their very very
annoying behaviour of determining my toolset for me.
keeping a thread on topic is also ettiquette from the mailinglist
rules
eh?

you might wanna consider just how much it pisses me off to have
strangers
determining my toolset and/or lifestyle for me.
that's why i got rude. no other reason.
Umm... you or your boss/client chose PHP. That means one of those two
determined your toolset. Maybe next time you might want to pony up for
requirements analysis to determine if the toolset is right for the job.

you've never heard of feature-creep, changing environments and
requirements, etc?
Not usually, at the level of the language choice, is an about turn done
after a requirements analysis has been completed. Feature creep is a
management issue.

it's a managment issue only  because it's a fact of life.
A billable one.

i prefer to reduce my headaches and bill size at the same time with
up-to-date tools.

Your tools are up to date. Threading is in the future if at all... it's certainly not in the present.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com