Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

Rene Veerman wrote:

> yes you are bashing them (me included) imo
>
> you say threading support doesnt belong in php; with that you're
> determining what i may and may not do, even if i have given you good
> reasons for it, that you chose to ignore.

Well, call it what you like, I think I'm being perfectly civil.

By advocating that thread support does not belong in PHP, I am in no way
determining what you (or anyone else) may or may not do.  You are a
free individual and free to choose the programming language and
paradigm that is best suited to your purposes.

Using your argument, one could also say that Kernighan and Ritchie
determined that "C should have no threading", just as the US DoD was
incredibly foresighted and decided we all should go multi-threaded when
they gave Ada its tasks and rendezvous.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.0°C)