Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

Most if that stuff should only be in the db as a reference and when editing te lists. The actual user acessed data should sit in simple XML files that can be passed to the client, broken out by category or prod line. The reasons are simple, database access time is going to suck, no matter what you are running. And why would you ever need to run translation real time. I can tell you from persoanl experience that such solution totally blows. I lost that battle at work and the current solution build every field on the fly each time with translation ( supporting 12 languages) and it's damn slow. Cache out whatever you can, to an in memory cache or to the file system. Let the web server do it's job of serving files, not processing upteen little bits of data from a db.

It's about design, from all I've seen, threading introduces about as many challenges as problems it solves.

Bastien

Sent from my iPod