Re: Re: PHP in HTML code

Jan G.B. wrote:
2010/3/18 tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx>:
Calling it "ranting" or "religious" unjustly demeans the discussion and is
inflammatory.
In all of this, I've simply said it's your choice.

What I said was:
*persons ranting about short open tags* *are just like some religious people
*

I don't care what people do in their code.
I do not like released code with short tags, it has caused me problems when trying to run php webapps that use short tags, I have to go through the code and change them.

So what people do with their private code, I could care less about.
But if releasing php code for public consumption, I guess I'm a preacher asking people to get religion, because short tags do not belong in projects that are released to the public. Just like addslashes and magic quotes and most html entities should not be used in php code released for public consumption.