Re: Mail Function In PHP

Having worked at a decent sized, respectable ISP with 100,000+ customers sending email via Iron Ports (email scanners), even they would get put on a blacklist on a monthly basis. Hell it wouldn't surprise me if Gmail's SMTP servers got put on a black list at some point. There's seemingly hundreds of blacklists and whilst some play nice, others are very paranoid. Usually the good email servers will detect your on a blacklist then rate limit the number of emails it'll accept from you. If you keep pissing it off, by sending emails to non-existant addresses (something they REALLY hate), sending emails that are too big, or simply sending too many emails or emails with too many recipients, then it'll tighten the restrictions. Over time if your good then those restrictions will be released and eventually you'll be able to send at normal rates.

--
Michael Kubler
I believe in a better world. I support the Zeitgeist Movement -- www.zeitgeistaustralia.org

Teus Benschop wrote:

Once a domain or ip address was black listed, it was quite a process to
get it unlisted again, and even then as soon as mail came from that
domain, it got blacklisted again. Supposedly there is some certification
process that official smtp relays need to go through so as to prove or
certify that they won't allow spam to be sent through them, and take
steps to remove offenders from using their relay. However, this is all
guessing, and in the end we just gave up and used our ISP's official
relay. Teus.