Re: Mail Function In PHP

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 10:21 +0000, Richard Quadling wrote:
> Contrary to popular belief, to send an email you do not need to have
> your own SMTP server. All you need to know is the SMTP server
> responsible for your recipients email.
[...]

While the above is true, there is also another thing that comes into
play. We used to send email directly to the receiver the way described
above. But at times it happens that the receiving smtp server refuses to
accept mail from the sender since the sender is not known to be a good
smtp server, and at times it could get blacklisted. Rules like this get
tightened up because of the desire to curb spam at the source.

Teus.