Re: Re: UK Project Opportunity

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 06:02:18AM +0100, Rene Veerman wrote:

> I use LGPL and i think (hope, actually) that it gives me a free full
> license for any patch i receive.
> That's what several people summarizing it for me have told me.

<snip>

The multitude of copyright holders on several FOSS projects has created
licensing issues, in particular with the Linux kernel. The problem
arises where the controlling person wants to (or doesn't want to) change
the license. In the case of the Linux kernel, the license issue is GPLv3
versus GPLv2. Broadly, the rights and privileges are the same between
the two licenses, but Linus has some issues with some of the provisions
of GPLv3. Other projects have wanted to change licenses for whatever
reason, but where the copyrights are owned by a variety of people,
getting them all to agree on the change has been a problem.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster