Re: PHP Manual problems

tedd wrote:
> At 1:38 PM -0500 2/10/10, Robert Cummings wrote:
>> Agreed. Those make sense to demarcate the structure layout of the
>> document... but still, for styling the class makes more sense since it
>> keeps the specificity low and easy to override (especially true for
>> skinnable apps). In my experience I've seen quite often things like:

>> And then of course I'll see later:

>> And in the specific example I responded to the example was:

>>     <aside>
>>         // stuff
>>     </aside>
>>
>> This seemed like a classic example of ID abuse.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rob.
>
> If you use:

> then you can align other elements on the page.
>
> I also use attributes like:

> I understand the other view point on this, but this is my practice.

whereas I use <div class="copyright">COPYRIGHT</div> (or another more
fitting element if possible, try to avoid div's) then control layout w/
pure css; where needed I'll also use multiple classes class="copyright
left black small" and so forth - all depends on the projects and just
who's going to be let near the html.

and in full honesty, if I can get away with it I simply modify the tags
and leave all classes and id's out of it - this is always my preference,
so pages look more like documents than web2.0 graphical masterpieces.

just an fyi, and still unsure why I'm saying the above (or any post
today for that matter)