Re: Convert deprecated POSIX functions into wrappers for equivalent PCRE functions

Tony Marston wrote:
"David Otton" <phpmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:193d27170911090331k7ecbe69cl1dd30651273e7c3d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2009/11/9 Tony Marston <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

So you wouldn't trust the PHP developers to write simple code which takes
each POSIX function and redirects it to a PCRE function? I have more faith
in their ability than I do yours.
If it's as simple as you claim, why don't you mock-up your solution in
PHP, rather than C?

Because I can't do that until I install PHP 6, but as I never play with beta software waiting for it to go live will be too late.

Don't be lazy Tony, install beta software... make sure your software is ready before the beta becomes release software. This is part of being "professional".

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com