Re: sending HTML email

Hello,

on 10/05/2009 11:27 AM John Corry said the following:
> I've inherited a PHP application, first task of which was relocating to a
> new server.
> We've installed and configured all of the files on a dedicated linux server
> at 1 and 1 (using qmail as an MTA).
>
> Since the move, the client is complaining that *some* of the recipients of
> the HTML email that the server sends out to all of the users are receiving
> plain HTML code in their mail clients...not the nice, rendered, styled
> content they intend.
>
> It looks fine to me.
>
> I found one small error in the HTML that was sent and fixed it (there may be
> more)...
>
> But the client is telling me that this is a new problem as of the server
> move.
>
> Any suggestions which direction to look to try to resolve this?

You may want to take a look at this slide presentation. It is from a
talk precisely about issues that prevent messages from reaching the
destination:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/video/3/package/9.html

Look in special at slide 19, as it presents several reasons that may
make your messages be confused with spam.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Find and post PHP jobs