Re: mysql user session handler

I'm our case we opt for memcache to store the sessions
Mmc its soo much faster and you will have less net overhead because
the simple protocol
Also the configuration its easier. If you see in the php manual you
only need to touch two lines in the php.ini

On 9/8/09, Tom Worster <fsb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thanks, Devendra, that's pretty much the same as my handler. (though i can't
> figure Rich Smith's $sess_save_path global. do you know what is for?)
>
> but what i'm really interested in is people's experience in switching over
> to and using this kind of handler: pitfalls, gotchas, etc. or is it really
> as easy and simple as all these online articles i've read about it claim?
>
> or is that experience so hard won that people aren't keen to share it?
>
> -tom
>
> On 9/8/09 2:23 PM, "Devendra Jadhav" <devendra.in@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Storing-PHP-Sessions-in-a-Database/
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Tom Worster <fsb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> questions for those of you with a user session handler using mysql:
>>>
>>> did you write your own handler, write one based off some other you found
>>> (if
>>> so, which?), or are you using some available library (if so, which?)?
>>>
>>> and how do you feel about your implementation? satisfied? or are there
>>> improvements you'd like to have?
>>>
>>> and what serializer do you use?
>>>
>>> i have my own set of handler functions (less than 70 loc) which seem to
>>> work
>>> in simple testing. but, while i'd really like to have the sessions in the
>>> db
>>> for redundancy, i haven't had the courage to deploy it yet. i derived the
>>> code from something i found on the web. i trust everything i read on the
>>> internet ;-)
>>>
>>> -tom
>>>

>>> --
>>>

> --

Sent from my mobile device

Gabriel Sosa
Si buscas resultados distintos, no hagas siempre lo mismo. - Einstein